CA Dr. Bijoy K Sahoo is a man who believes in treading on a road less travelled. He is a man who believes that a dream can be turned into a reality. SAI International School, currently the No. 1 School in Odisha and No. 5 School of the Country (ranked by Education World India School Rankings 2016), is the realisation of his dreams. A Chartered Accountant by qualification and profession for over 30 years, he laid the foundation of his dream to build a premier institution of excellence in the year 2007-08.
The initial setbacks and challenges were never a concern for this man who had tremendous faith in his dream. It is his commitment, prudence and visionary approach to school education that has made him one of the most venerated figures in the contemporary education sector.
With an ambition to change the educational landscape of eastern India, our Chairman with his rigorous research created an institution with a world class infrastructure catering to the needs of the 22nd century. Although a Chartered Accountant by profession, he is a devoted educationist at heart.
- Completed a program in Professional Education at Harvard Graduate School of Education on Making Learning Visible: The Power of Group Learning and Documentation in Classrooms and Communities
- Programs on Professional education from Harvard Graduate School of Education, USA that included three courses under it:
- A program on Leading Changes for School improvement
- A course on the Transformative power of Teacher Teams
- A course of Think Tank on Global education
- Received commendation for Global Teacher Accreditation (GTA) by British Council, UK
- Program on National College Leadership Development at the National College, Nottingham, UK
- Program on Early Childhood Education Sector, which was learning and networking experience for Global educators at the Asian International College, Singapore
- Cabot Learning Federation, Science learning centre at Bristol as a part of the British Council Study Tour for Indian Policy Makers. This tour aimed at developing and strengthening networks for collaboration, focusing on potential new arenas of partnership in India, gaining insight into the UK School systems, practices, products and expertise and consideration of successful teacher training, leadership training and teaching of Mathematics and Science.
- Completed the professional leadership development course certified by the International Confederation of Principals, Australia and CBSE, India
- International Program on „Excellence in School Education‟ at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- XSEED School Leadership Program, Dubai in October 2012 and Singapore in 2013
- Dr. Sahoo had been invited by the Govt. of India, Planning Commission as an Advisor on the proposal of Model Concession Agreement for Public Private Partnership to establish 2500 Rashtriya Adarsh Vidyalayas for bringing in qualitative reforms of development in School education
Erudite and sensitive in his demeanor, our Chairman is a role model for our students and a mentor for his team.